Business Plan Competitions
Here are resources to help you find business plan competitions to enter where the prizes can include start-up funds:
- Biz Plan Competitions (click on the option "Expand Table" above "Name") - search:
Technology - Green
Technology - Other
Women or Minority Owned
Graduate - All US
Undergraduate - All US
High School - All US.
- Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Global Entrepreneurship Institute Business Plan Contest Directory
- Intel Innovators
- iStart Community for Business Plan Competitions
- Net Impact (for social entrepreneurs)
- Venture Labs Investment Competition (formerly Moot Corp) and Eligibility
Also, check for business plan competitions on the website of any university you attended in case the school has not listed their competition on any directory. In this example from Wharton's website, the school not only lists their own business plan competition, but a directory of other competitions.
And, if you want to study business plans from the Dot Com era and beyond, apply for access to Business Plan Archive. This is a research database of high-tech business plans that is strictly for non-commercial research and education. For information on how you can apply for access, click here.