Other Funding Options
In addition to angel capital, venture capital, accelerators, incubators, and business plan competitions, here are other funding options and sources for potential startup capital:
- 401K to Buy a Small Business
- Banking Alternatives
- Breakout Labs Program and FAQs
- Crowdfunding is a new technique to enable entrepreneurs to fund their ventures.
A recent article in The Wall Street Journal talks about several crowdfunding sites.
Another recent article in Inc. elaborates on new bills to expand crowdfunding.
- Foundation Center
- Kiva and About Microfinance
- Life Insurance unclaimed death benefits. This recent article in The Wall Street Journal explains how to find out if you are a beneficiary on a policy
- Missing Money find unclaimed money, assets, and property.
- Treasury Hunt tells you about savings bonds that are no longer earning interest which can be cashed or reinvested.
- Unclaimed enables you to search government unclaimed property programs.